The Sunshine 100 are friends who help us grow our programs and spread sunshine across Canada by donating $1,000 or more annually. When you join the Sunshine 100 you’ll enjoy the following benefits:
- Tax receipt for the full amount of donation;
- Two tickets to Annual Sunshine Ball on reserve (may be purchased in addition to donation; if included in donation amount, tax receipt will be reduced by value of tickets purchased.)
- Special Sunshine 100 Annual Report;
- Special Sunshine 100 annual reception;
- Recognition on Project Sunshine Canada website;
- Recognition on Project Sunshine Canada banners at programs & special events, including the Sunshine Ball; and,
- Sunshine Bear Partners Adoption: one for home; one for child in hospital or program.
Team Project Sunshine
Spread sunshine from coast to coast
You can bring sunshine to a cloudy day for kids and parents facing medical challenges—become a member of Team Project Sunshine! Participate in any walk, run, ride, triathlon, or swim, to bring Project Sunshine programs to a pediatric healthcare facility near you. Maybe even set some fitness goals of your own. Feel great knowing that as you feel better so are kids and families in hospitals facing stressful and uncertain times.
By joining Team Project Sunshine you will help to bring creative, educational, and social programming to young patients. And those who love and care for them will also enjoy stress reduction and wellness activities. We’ll provide arts and crafts supplies, books, massage therapy, special events, and one-off programs—all with your help and the funds you raise while you challenge yourself to go the distance.
When you join Team Project Sunshine you will receive:
- One t-shirt or cyclist jersey to race in
- Your own online sponsorship page to customize with your story
- Information kit with quick Project Sunshine facts, tips and ideas on fundraising, and sample letters of how to ask for donations
- Unlimited support from Project Sunshine staff
…oh, and a really warm feeling inside.
Third party events are a fun and creative way to direct support to the important work of Project Sunshine Canada. Turn any occasion into a fundraiser (check out echoage.com) a birthday party, a cocktail reception, a garage sale, a bake sale… there are limitless possibilities. We will even provide you with your own personalized online fundraising page.
Download this helpful resource:
Sunshine Guide to Third-Party Events.
Gifts of stock
In May of 2006, federal government taxation law was changed to eliminate capital gains tax on gifts of stock, mutual funds or securities made to registered charities. This is an excellent way to donate a gift of significant value for greater tax advantage than simply cash alone.
In honour and memorial gifts
Celebrate a milestone or commemorate a life through a tribute gift. A special Project Sunshine Canada acknowledgement card can be sent on your behalf by request.
Include Project Sunshine Canada in your will and create a legacy for the future that will bring sunshine to children and families facing medical challenges. Bequests to charities can lessen the tax burden on your estate and can guarantee that your life’s work benefits the organizations that mean the most to you.
Here is an example of appropriate wording should you include Project Sunshine Canada in your will.
Leaving a legacy of healing sunshine for children and families facing medical challenges can be so easily accomplished by including the following instruction in your will:
I direct my trustees to deliver, pay, or transfer, the sum of $χ in cash or in kind, or γ% share of my estate, to Project Sunshine Canada to be used where it is most needed.
Our legal name is Project Sunshine Canada Inc., and our charitable registration number is 83433 0367 RR0001.
When you inform us that you have included Project Sunshine Canada in your will, and with your permission, we will acknowledge publicly your intentions. Your leadership in giving can encourage others to follow your example.
Corporate matching gifts are a great way to maximize contributions and increase a gift´s impact. By taking advantage of a company´s matching gift benefit, you may be able to double or even triple the amount of a contribution.
Most corporate procedures are very simple:
- Request a matching form from your company and send along with your gift to Project Sunshine Canada.
- Project Sunshine Canada will verify the completed form and return it to the company.
- The company issues a matching gift contribution to Project Sunshine Canada.
Completed forms can be sent with your personal gift to:Project Sunshine Canada
1000 Yonge Street, Lower Level
Toronto, ON M4W 2K2
Project Sunshine Canada is committed to respecting the privacy of donors. The types of donor information that we collect is not limited to, but and maintain may include:
- Contact information (name, telephone number, street- and e-mail addresses;
- Gift information;
- Information on events attended, publications and communications received, and requests for programming information;
- Information provided by a donor in the form of comments and suggestions.
We use the donor information to understand their interest in our mission, and to update them on the organization’s plans and activities. It may shared with staff, board members, volunteers, and consultants, only on a “need-to-know” basis, and is otherwise kept strictly confidential.
Project Sunshine Canada assures donors that their names and addresses will not be shared or rented to a third-party.